Passport Track B
Partner Elicitation and/or Notification Primarily for HIV
This track is for providers interested in describing Partner Services to patients and who will conduct partner elicitation. Information collected is forwarded to a Partner Services provider (Disease Intervention Specialist (DIS)). It includes 13 sequenced online modules followed by a 3-day classroom training.
Online Disease Concept Modules
- Infectious Disease and Human Anatomy
- Chlamydial Infection
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
- HIV Infection and AIDS
Online PS Core Skills Modules
- Introduction to Partner Services for PS Providers
- Communication Skills
- Interviewing (5 sub-units)
- Field Investigation and Notification
- Referrals and Linkages to Care
The Track B 3-day classroom training will use HIV-related exercises, activities, and role-plays, to:
- Discuss the importance of partner management and how it is conducted confidentially.
- Develop skills for interviewing and counseling patients with HIV in order to identify sex partners and social contacts for referral to medical evaluation.
- Incorporate partner services into existing practices.
- Emphasize the importance of HIV testing and linkage to care and early treatment for those living with HIV.
* Course also has ability to address STD co-infection.